Cabled Dog Cardigan Knitting Pattern
This is quite possibly the cutest dog cardigan available right now. I made this cardigan for my pooch, Ace last week. Just in time for the winter storm we just had. He looks so cute in it. Almost too cute if that is even possible. You can make this cardigan with any color yarn you desire, but below are all the things you need ready to go.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy (Level 2)
SIZE: One Size To fit dogs about 10-18 lb.
Finished Neck Circumference About 19 in. (48 cm)
Finished Chest About 22 in. (56 cm.)
Finished Length About 14 in. (48.5 cm), including neck ribbing
- 640-503 Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn: Granite 2 Balls
- Lion Brand Knitting Needles Size 11 [8 mm]
- Lion Brand Cable Needles (Set of 2)
- Lion Brand Split Ring Stitch Markers
- Lion Brand Stitch Holders
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
- Additional Materials 4 buttons, about 13/16 in. (20 mm) diameter Sewing needle and thread
NOTES: 1. Cardigan is worked in one piece from lower edge to neck. 2. Legs are worked separately, then joined to Cardigan. 3. Buttons are buttoned through the fabric of the Cardigan, no buttonholes are worked. This allows a degree of adjustability, so that the Cardigan will fit a range of sizes. 4. Note that the various breeds are shaped quite differently! Our sample sweater fit a French Bulldog, but you may need to make adjustments to the pattern or to the button placement to fit your dogs particular shape.